Carolina Custom Transportation Responds to COVID-19
Beginning in February, CCT took a proactive approach in response to COVID-19, gathering supplies, training staff and educating our customers. Here's how we are committed to caring for the health and well-being of our customers and employees.
If you require non-emergent medical transportation during this pandemic, utilize a transportation service well equipped and prepared to combat the spread of COVID-19.
—Misty D. Berrier, RN, BSN
Carolina Custom Transportation, LLC COVID-19 Precautions
CCT Took A Proactive Approach back in February to begin gathering supplies, training staff and educating our customers
***Stringent Implementation Measures***
- 3-hr ALL staff mandatory re-training on infection control
- No staff meetings with greater than 8 employees at once
- Fitting and Use of N-95 masks by NEMT drivers to prevent possible cross-contamination
- Appropriate stock and use of PPE on each fleet vehicle
- On-site sanitization of work stations and fleet vehicles every 3 hours with Clorox and Virex TB
- Strict handwashing, alcohol-based hand sanitization, and gloving as necessary
- Social distancing on fleet vehicles of 3 – 6 ft apart with staggered seating
- No more than 4 clients on 10-12 passenger vans at a time
- No clients sitting beside or directly behind driver
- Education of COVID-19 signs/symptoms to recognize/report
- No passing of forms, paperwork, cash, payments between driver & client
- Remote work sessions for Administrative Staff
We are dedicated to the essential transport needs of our community during this state of emergency.
**Any future developments and updates as we adhere to city, state, federal, CDC, & WHO guidelines and recommendations can be found on our websites and facebook page.**